The EFTA Surveillance Authority ensures that the participating EFTA States – Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway – respect their obligations under the EEA Agreement. The Authority protects the rights of individuals and market participants who find their rights violated by rules or practices of the EFTA States or companies within those States. The Authority also enforces restrictions on state aid and ensures that companies operating in the EFTA States abide by the rules relating to competition. In monitoring and enforcing the EEA Agreement, the Authority has powers that correspond to those of the European Commission.
The Authority is recruiting an Administrative Assistant for its Internal Market Affairs Directorate (IMA). IMA is responsible for monitoring the EFTA States to ensure that internal market rules have been effectively implemented into domestic law.
- Bachelors degree, diploma or certificate of higher education within a relevant field.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ relevant professional experience in an administrative or secretarial position
- Strong computer literacy, in particular with MS Office
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (the working language of the Authority)
- A meticulous approach with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Initiative and the ability to work both independently and in a team in an international environment
- A flexible approach and the enthusiasm for taking on a range of varying tasks
The position is placed at grade B5 of the Authority’s salary scale, starting at € 47 941.95 per annum.
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Application deadline: 02 August 2015