The Global Energy Essay Contest provides an opportunity for college and university students around the world to engage in critical thinking and present their ideas and solutions to tackle the key energy issues that humanity faces today.
As energy resources become scarce and climate change becomes an increasingly pressing reality, it is imperative to involve and engage students—the decision-makers of tomorrow—to discuss real and practical solutions on how energy can be used and provided in a sustainable and accessible way.
The Global Energy Essay Contest provides a platform for students from all backgrounds with an opportunity to share and expand their unique understanding of the worldwide urgency surrounding these issues, and the opportunity to be recognized for important contributions to shaping a sustainable future for all.
Essay Contest Guidelines
- The essay must be written in English, typed and double-spaced
- The essay should contain between 1,200 to 1,500 words (excluding bibliography and citations)
- Collaborations between groups of individuals is not allowed
- Students must produce their own work and use proper citations where appropriate. Common styles such as APA or MLA are acceptable and should be consistent throughout the essay
- References should appear as endnotes, not footnotes.
The deadline for submission is October 28, 2013. Prize winners will be announced on November 8, 2013.