Application Deadline Date: 02-Jan-18
Girls’ Education Challenge-Transition Programme Manager
Salary: £36,994 pa Pro-rata + good range of benefits
Contract: Fixed term, part-time contract (to October 2021)
Based: Milton Keynes
Use your passion for education and programming expertise to help Zimbabwe’s most marginalised girls improve their life chances through education
World Vision is the world’s largest international children’s charity. Every day we bring real hope to millions of children in the world’s hardest places as a sign of God’s unconditional love. At World Vision, our aim is simple – to keep every child free from fear. We are also proud to be ranked 9thplace in the top 100 ‘Best Not-For-Profit Organisations to Work For’ in 2016.
Reporting to the GEC-T Senior Programme Manager, this role will provide quality programmatic management and compliance related support, ensuring overall delivery of the agreed programme outlined in the programme design and maximum impact for the most vulnerable children.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Programming & Donor Engagement
- Work with the WV Zimbabwe team to ensure overall delivery of the Girls Education Challenge-Transition (GEC-T) Fund in accordance with the outcomes and outputs agreed with DFID, working with and supporting WVUK’s Senior Impact Adviser who will provide technical support on Monitoring and Evaluation processes.
- Manage relations and communications with DFID appointed Fund Management Team at Price Waterhouse & Coopers (PwC), Coffey and UK based programme partners, and participate in GEC-T networking and learning events.
Grant Management and Compliance
- Ensure GEC grant financial compliance standards are understood and applied by all consortium partners. Managing grant narrative and financial reporting, ensuring reports and supporting documents are submitted on time and in alignment with donor requirements.
- Conducting monitoring visits to support grant management and provide technical support and training.
- Manage financial and reputation risk by proactively monitoring grant performance, identifying issues and seeking resolution of the same, working in collaboration with the Fund Manager, programme team and WV colleagues.
Expertise and Networking:
- Contribute to strategic programme, research and practice networks, engaging on issues related to education.
- Working collaboration with: the WVUK Philanthropy Team to support and review fundraising strategy and applications for complimentary funding, marketing products and media engagement; and technical specialists within the Knowledge Hub Team to ensure technical quality of programming and policy work.
Positive, optimistic, solution oriented and resourceful in dealing with obstacles, as well as being able to manage a demanding workload, you will also be expected to promote a culture of excellence to ensure WVUK’s core values and principles are widely communicated to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of resources.
As an active Christian, this role offers you the opportunity to integrate your Christian faith and be sensitive to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
In addition to the salary offered, we offer good benefits including pension, subsidised gym membership, generous holiday entitlement, childcare vouchers and free parking.
Please ‘click’here to view the full job description
Please upload your CV and covering letter stating how you meet the essential criteria given in the Job Description.
Closing date for applications: 2 January 2018
Interview dates: 8/9 January 2018
World Vision UK is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all sections of the community regardless of age, sexual orientation, religion and belief, race, gender, marriage and civil partnership status, and disability.
As a child focused organisation, World Vision UK is committed to the safeguarding of children, therefore any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of applicable background checks, including a criminal records check.
No agencies please.