Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, is both the forum and voice of the European chemical industry. It aims to maintain and develop a prosperous chemical industry in Europe by promoting the best possible economic, social and environmental conditions to bring benefits to society.
The chemical industry is a € 500+ billion industry, providing over 1 million direct jobs and nearly 2.5 million indirect jobs in Europe. The chemical industry is the “Industry of Things”. The industry’s products are essential to 95% of everything manufactured: hygiene, health, mobility, construction, computers and electronics all rely on the chemical industry. The sector is also critical to meeting future needs, such as developing energy sources or managing scarce resources. The chemical industry is essential for achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Cefic is located in Brussels to represent the industry vis-à-vis EU institutions and involve member federations and companies in European advocacy. We employ more than 150 people.
The Euro Chlor Sector Group at Cefic is looking for a (m/f) Communications Manager.
Mission of the role:
To represent and enhance the image and public awareness of the European chlor-alkali industry, its products and its value chain.
Are you inspired by these responsibilities?
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications strategy for Euro Chlor;
- Identify new opportunities and disseminate news for the chlor-alkali sector;
- Manage all official Euro Chlor and related (sub-) Sector Group publications, such as press releases, website texts, brochures, op-eds, newsletters, etc.;
- Manage the communications aspects of Euro Chlor events (Annual General Assembly, Technical Seminars, etc.);
- Stimulate active engagement by the Communications Committee members by sharing and using company expertise and tools;
- Ensure effective external communications for Euro Chlor in line with the Management Committee and Cefic Communications;
- Motivate and stimulate the skills and competences of the Euro Chlor communications team and all Euro Chlor colleagues as active communicators.
Can you make the difference?
The successful candidate will be a highly experienced professional who demonstrates the following experience and competencies:
- Master’s degree in communication, journalism or related area;
- Minimum 5 years professional working experience in communications;
- Experience in the chemical industry is an asset;
- Full professional proficiency in English; additional languages are an asset;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to understand complex policy and scientific issues and to articulate them simply yet memorably, using story-telling, case studies, illustrations, infographics and social media;
- Excellent IT, web management and social media skills;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills (ability to manage several projects at the same time).
Required personal qualities:
- A team player with the ability to manage and motivate colleagues;
- Professional and goal oriented way of working;
- Curious and a quick learner;
- Passion for communicating about (chlorine) chemistry;
- Proactive and taking initiative.
Are you interested?
Please send your application letter and detailed CV before December 15th 2017 to Jessica Bart-Williams, HR Assistant, Cefic, Avenue E. Van Nieuwenhuyse 4, B-1160 Brussels. E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.