It is possible to undergo a traineeship with the Council of Europe, lasting from eight weeks to five months.
The Council of Europe encourages applications from any person who has the requisite qualifications, without distinction as to gender, disability, marital or parental status, racial, ethnic or social background, skin colour, religion, convictions or sexual orientation. Specific measures may be taken to ensure equal opportunities for applicants with disabilities.
Who may apply?
– Nationals of one of the Council of Europe member states;
– minimum education requirements a diploma for the first cycle of higher education within the meaning of the Bologna Declaration (bachelor’s degree or equivalent), wishing to acquire practical experience and knowledge of the functioning and activities of the Council of Europe;
– having a very good knowledge of one of the two Council of Europe official languages (English or French) together with good drafting ability. Good knowledge of the other official language is appreciated.
The duties which trainees are required to perform principally comprise:
– research work;
– preparation of draft reports and studies for meetings of experts;
– drafting of meeting reports;
– assistance with work in hand;
– committee organisation;
– updating the website.
No traineeship in translation or interpretation is offered.
Application deadline: 2nd May 2014