The Delegation of the European Union in Myanmar is looking for a Finance, Contracts and Audit Officer
Overall purpose :
Will cover subject matters relating to his/her specialisation, with a view of contributing to the full Project Cycle Management of co-operation activities financed by the EU and to the efficient functioning of the
Finance, Contracts and Audit Section at the Delegation.
Functions and Duties :
Ensure sound, contractual and financial management of EU funding respecting relevant procedures, instructions, rules and regulations as well as follow-up of audits under the supervision of the Head of the FCA section
Financial initiation in accordance with internal rules and procedures, including
- Act as financial initiator for financial transactions related to the implementation of projects: contracts, contract amendments, payments, debit notes, recovery orders, call for proposals and call for tenders and de-commitments
- Verify/analyse financial reports, supporting documents and invoices related to financial transaction, informing Beneficiaries/contractors of required corrections if necessary.
- Enter information and data into the Commission’s computerised management systems as GESTFIN (e.g. CRIS, ABAC) for making payments, recovery order and de-commitment of local costs, service (TA) contracts, equipment suppliers and Framework Contract.
- Create Third Party File in ABAC and follow-up validation of the
Audit/Ex-post control follow-up, including:
- To review audit reports and making comments on financial and contractual matters to the appropriate services (Beneficiaries, HQ, Delegation)
Contract management, including:
- Assist in Call for proposals (CfP) and Calls for tenders (CfT) openings and evaluations and ensure that procedures are correctly applied
- Draft and/or review grant, service and supply contracts and review before and after signing to ensure that the financial and contractual aspects are in accordance with rules and regulations including terms of payments and cost/budget breakdown
- Process advance, interim and final payments, monitoring and evaluating project implementation, both financially and contractually. This may include field missions and on the spot controls
- Monitor payments, forecast of revenue and recovery orders and ensure closure/de-commitment in due time
- Liaise with the colleagues of the Operation Section for implementation of contractual and financial matters, including on procurement Procedures
- To supervise and monitor projects though regular field missions.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports and statistics (RAC,RAL, payment forecasts, EAMR, annual reports and ad hoc reporting, ..)
Financial and contractual coordination
- Review documents that need input on financial and contractual matters, providing advice/comments to draft programming documents, Financing Agreements, CfP/ CfT
- Participate in negotiations of technical and financial aspects of contracts linked to the preparation and implementation of external assistance projects
- To undertake other assignments that may be reasonably requested
in view of the efficient functioning of the Finance, Contracts and
Audit Section or the Delegation.
Job location : EU Delegation, Yangon, Myanmar
Deadline for receipt of applications: 4:00pm, Friday, 14th November 2014