The European Stability Mechanism (“ESM”) are looking for a trainee to assist the Facilities Management (FM) team in their duties during a period of 6 months (starting ideally on 1 August 2017). The student will be also a relevant driver of various assigned tasks and projects on tactical and operational levels. S/he will report to Head of IT and Operations.
The European Stability Mechanism (“ESM”) is the permanent crisis resolution mechanism for the countries of the euro area. It issues debt instruments in order to finance loans and other forms of financial assistance to euro area Member States.
The ESM is a unique place to work with around 170 individuals committed to making a difference to the future of the euro area. It recruits talented professionals from every nationality from both the private and public sector.
- Assist the Service Desk in providing internal client services: (e.g.: respond to requests and incidents, assign tasks to team members and service providers, supervise delivery dates, internal communication and “FM-marketing”, participation in relevant meetings, reporting and documentation)
- Monitor, control and report on service providers (e.g. via meetings, follow-ups, ordering and invoice controlling, quality checks, planning of recurring tasks)
- Participate in projects like requests for proposals, enhancement of tools, potential space modification initiatives and managing internal events
- Assist in the management of inventory and space, including statistics and reporting (e.g. utilization of workplaces and other facilities, stock of supplies, key and badge management)
- Evaluate FM-relevant procedures and documentation, including possible means of improvement and supervising compliant way of working for the FM team
- Update tools and documentation (CAiFM / IWSM, AutoCAD, Sharepoint, Oracle)
- Perform administrative tasks such as filing work sheets, proposals and other documentation
KEY BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Be in the process of completing at least a Bachelor’s Degree in a field of Facilities Management. Successful completion of all relevant courses according to the university curriculum and entitlement for a work placement according to this curriculum is required.
- Fluent English (spoken and written) is a must, any other languages (especially French and German) are considered an asset
- Working experience in the field of Facilities Management or customer services is considered a strong asset, including previous traineeships.
- Practical understanding of operational and tactical FM, especially related to the key accountabilities above
- Advanced MS Office skills, ServiceNow, AutoCAD, Sharepoint and ORACLE basics are considered an asset.
- Service-oriented and hands-on mindset
- Analytical thinking and autonomous, diligent, structured
- Curiosity for new ways of working and tools
- Capacity to adjust communication to the audience (customer, service providers, team)
APPLICATION PROCESS AND PRACTICAL INFORMATION
- Deadline for application: 24 May 2017
- Expected starting date: August 2017
- Duration: 5-6 months
Note: Please make sure your availability clearly appears in your cover letter.
Deadline: 24/05/2017 23:59