Duties and Responsibilities
While stressing the collective responsibility of the Core Team for the production of the Index, the corresponding Arab countries’ assessment, as well as the production of the final publication, however and for organizational purposes the work load will be distributed among Core Team members. The Core Team Member, expert on Vocational Education and Training, is primarily responsible for this thematic area in terms of generating knowledge, setting and implementing the adequate consultative process in full coordination with the AKR technical team.
Along with that, and working under the direct supervision of the Team Leader, and reporting to the Regional Programme Coordinator, the expert on Vocational Education and Training, shall be responsible of:
- Contributing to the drafting and finalization of the research methodology and conceptual framework, as well as the required action plans; through both the production of the components that are related to Vocational Education and Training, as well as participating in the consolidation of all the other components as advised by the Core Team leader;
- Producing a synopsis of relevant indices in relation to Vocational Education and Training that are already available, with a focus on the features and shortcomings of each;
- Collecting and soliciting knowledge products and data to produce the Index and build the indicators that are related to Vocational Education and Training;
- Drafting / co-authoring in Arabic the final publication report covering the methodology (including the selection process of the indicators), and results of the Arab Knowledge Index.
The Index Production and Publication Drafting process shall involve:
- Participation in 4 to 6 Core Team meetings at which substantive matters will be discussed;
- Planning, preparing and implementing 7-10 consultative meetings with experts and stakeholders from at least four different Arab countries as part of a first round of consultations around measuring knowledge and the adequate indicators related to Vocational Education and Training;
- Planning, preparing and implementing 3-5 consultative meetings with experts and stakeholders from at least two different non-Arab countries as part of a first round of consultations around measuring knowledge and the adequate indicators related to Vocational Education and Training;
- Contributing to the planning, preparation and participation in at least 1 thematic workshop discussing the assessment of Vocational Education and Training as part of a second round of consultations which will be based on the first round, but will focus on consolidating results through sessions of group consultations instead of individual ones;
- Coordination of data sources and data with the Technical Team in order to ensure consistency;
- Substantive management and integration of background papers in accordance to the criteria and process as agreed upon with the Core Team leader and Technical Team;
- Delivery of drafts by the timeline and deadlines agreed upon;
- Participating in relevant review meetings and events (Advisory Board meeting or Readers Group meeting);
- Assisting in the identification of reviewers or Advisory Board members when needed;
- Reviewing and proofreading the printer ready version of the final publication.
Stressing the collective responsibility of each of the Core Team members of the full production of the Arab Knowledge Index and the final publication, each Core Team Member shall also:
- Assuming responsibility along with the other members of the Core Team for ensuring that the deadline of each phase of the process is met- based on the agreed upon work plan and set timelines;
- Maintaining close consultation and coordination with the Core Team leader and the Regional Programme Coordinator on a regular basis to report progress toward deliverables as well as substantive opportunities and challenges;
- Consulting with and advise other Core Team members, and the AKR Technical Team on the research methodology to be used; and coordinate with the AKR Technical Team to ensure reliability and consistency of data and data sources;
- Reviewing the work presented by other Core Team members, as well as the work produced collectively (Indicators, Index, Methodology, Conceptual Framework, Publication…) and provide feedback, comments and suggestions;
- Participating with the AKR Technical Team in organizing and preparing substantively any event or meeting to be conducted in connection with the Arab Knowledge Index.
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Application deadline: 09 June 15