Vacancy: EWL Policy Officer, temporary full-time position, September 2014-January 2015
The European Women’s Lobby (EWL) is seeking to recruit a temporary full-time Policy Officer to work as part of its Policy Team. The specific tasks will be carried out in the EWL Secretariat in Brussels under the supervision of the EWL Secretary General, and start as soon as possible from 1 September 2014.
POLICY AND RESEARCH WORK
To support in the monitoring and implementation of EWL political priorities in relation to intersectionality, gender equality and anti-discrimination policies, as well as violence against women;
- Support EWL engagement in civil society networks and organisations as relevant;
- Support the drafting, coordinating and editing of EWL publications as appropriate;
Events and Campaigns
- Support the planning and implementation of events, seminars and conferences in support of the EWL advocacy and campaigns agenda;
- Coordinate the development of an overall engagement strategy for the EWL engagement with the European Parliament;
- Support the preparation and organisation of EWL members’ meetings in October 2014;
Participation in the overall work of the EWL
- Participate in and contribute to the EWL information and communication work;
- Participate in and contribute to staff meetings, and staff strategy reflections as requested by the Secretary General.
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Deadline for applications: 18 August 2014