The Evaluation function in IOM is part of the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) that also covers the functions of Internal Audit and Investigation. Independence in performing tasks is a key aspect of the work of OIG, including for evaluation. Evaluation/OIG is fully committed to contribute towards the enhancement of IOM capacity to fulfil its mandate as a lead International Organization on Migration.
The Evaluation function is considered as an essential management tool that is an integral part of IOM’s core functions and oversight mechanisms, and the mainstreaming of evaluation results in IOM’s work is of great importance. Evaluation/OIG has set for itself the following main objectives:
- To undertake and promote thematic and strategic evaluations of IOM policies, strategies and/or programmes;
- To evaluate the performance and success of selected programmes and projects;
- To promote the use of evaluation in policy and programme formulation inside the Organization and to oversee the evaluation function in IOM;
- To develop and/or adjust evaluation guidelines and methods applied for programme evaluation throughout the Organization;
- To reinforce partnership and participation in networks for evaluation with bilateral and multilateral Organizations.
The inclusion of Evaluation into IOM Programmes and Projects is mandatory and falls under the responsibility of IOM Offices; Evaluation/OIG can provide technical assistance on all matters related to Monitoring and Evaluation.
Under the functional and direct supervision of the Head of Evaluation and the overall supervision of the Inspector General, and the administrative responsibility of the Head of the Panama Administrative Centre (PAC), the Evaluation Officer will contribute to the promotion of the Evaluation function inside IOM and will conduct internal evaluations and rapid assessments of IOM programmes in line with OIG criteria for evaluation. When required, the Evaluation Officer will also conduct training sessions on evaluation for IOM project developers and project managers. The successful candidate will have to travel in different locations around the world.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Duty Station: Panama Administrative Centre, Panama
Closing Date: July 04, 2014