EU STARTUP SERVICES is the top European consulting firm specialized in European Union funding through the SME Instrument, for the most innovative Start-ups and SMEs across Europe. The team at EU Startup Services is constantly growing, a reflection of both its unique position as the leader in SME Instrument funding in Europe and the result of its many successes both in Phase I and Phase II grants.
Today, EU Startup Services is recruiting 2 Senior Technical Proposal Writers for our Proposal Development Division.
This position reports to the Senior Proposals Manager, and regularly interacts with other members of the Proposal Development Department. The incumbent may supervise junior staff and/or Consultants in select technical areas.
He/she must be comfortable handling complex topics and confidential information while representing the Development Office to internal and external clients. The senior proposal writer will also be adept at managing multiple projects and deadlines and should have organizational skills and a meticulous attention to detail.
A minimum of 5 years of work experience in the field is required, with 2-3 years minimum in proposal development, with demonstrated success in writing SME Instrument proposals.
- Research, write and edit technical material for proposals;
- Participate in proposal strategy, design, writing, and review sessions throughout the life of the proposal;
- Successfully conduct requirements analysis for clients and collect input;
- Successfully interact and manage client relationships;
- Review and contribute to proposal outlines and compliance matrices;
- Prepare material for proposals, including interviewing experts and/or reviewing and revising text prepared by experts;
- Review proposal pieces and final text for clarity, consistency responsiveness to requirements, in preparation for team reviews and final production;
- Travel to establish relationships with the client, potential partners and/or local staff, gather operational information and country context, and analyze the competitive environment for considering the organization’s differentiators;
- Provide support to staff to improve proposal writing;
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in proposal writing;
- Minimum 2-3 years of proposal development experience in the SME Instrument or similar;
- Demonstrated success in writing Phase I and Phase 2 proposals for the SME Instrument;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Proficiency in English; proficiency in a second language is a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, development, journalism, or a related field; M.A. preferred;
- Commitment to mission- and values-driven work environment.
EU Startup services offers a competitive starting base compensation of +/- €2500 depending on qualifications and experience. Success fees for successful proposals are also awarded.
If you feel passionate about the position, please send us your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Senior Proposal Writer Application.” Deadline for applications is Wednesday 28 February 2018. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so you are encouraged to apply early. Please note that only shortlisted and candidates will be contacted.