The European Travel Commission (ETC) unites the National Tourist Organisations (NTOs) of the EU member states, as well as a number of non-EU members within Europe. Its core mission is to promote Europe as the most compelling tourist destination in long-haul markets. To fulfil its mission, ETC uses a wide range of marketing and communication tools.
ETC is looking for an intern (student or recent graduate) for a minimum period of six months starting in Brussels in January 2017.
– Education in the field of marketing , communication or digital media with some previous practical experience in digital marketing;
– Computer literacy and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office. Basic programming (HTML) and video editing skills as well as a good command of graphic design software (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) is a plus;
– Interest and understanding of new digital marketing and communication platforms (web, social media and mobile);
– Outstanding English skills (verbal and written); good knowledge of other languages would be an asset (Portuguese, French, Flemish);
– Self-initiative and excellent project and time management skills;
– Creative and innovative ability with attention to detail;
– Sense of responsibility and commitment;
– Well-developed writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
– A thorough understanding of the travel and tourism industry is an advantage but not compulsory.