The aim of EU-OSHA is to promote safer, healthier and more productive workplaces by providing the European institutions, the Member States and those involved in safety and health at work with technical, scientific and economic information.
The Agency is organizing an open competition with a view to establishing a reserve list of temporary agents (AST3) to work within the Communication and Promotion Unit in the position of Communications Officer – Publications and Audio-visual. Recruitment is envisaged in 2015 pending budget availability.
Under the supervision of the Head of the Communication and Promotion Unit, the Communications Officer – Publications and Audio-visual – will be responsible for the implementation of the EU-OSHA’s annual publications programme (printed and online publications, audio-visual products, promotional and exhibition material).
EU-OSHA produces a range of reports, information sheets, campaign and promotion material, many of them are translated into all EU languages. All publications are made available from the website, helping to bring in-depth and topical safety and health information to a wide range of audiences across Europe.
Main functions and duties
The successful candidate will coordinate the production of printed and online publications, audio-visual products, promotional and exhibition material.
The position will entail the following tasks:
- Organise the production of multi-lingual material simultaneously to tight deadlines, including planning, initiation, monitoring, execution and follow-up of production;
- Liaise with service providers such as graphic designers, photographers, editors, translators, producers of audio-visual and promotion material, the Publications Office of the European Union and with staff of different units at EU-OSHA and EU-OSHA’s network partners;
- Work proactively with service providers to ensure continuous improvement and optimal production solutions;
- Write briefings for graphic design, layout, photographers and producers;
- Monitor and report on progress for all stages of the publishing process;
- Contribute to the smooth and timely delivery of publications and audio-visual products;
- Collect and gather all relevant materials, e.g. final texts in relevant languages, pictures, photos, artwork, soft proofs, identifiers and approvals;
- Keep the filing (paper and electronic) up to date;
- As part of the promotion team, provide accurate information on the status of the publications due for promotion;
- Other required administrative tasks.
The post is based in Bilbao, Spain.
Application deadline: 11th February 2015 at 23h00, Central European Time (CET).