is looking for an EFA Programme Assistant (m/f/x) to start As Soon As Possible
EFA is an independent non-profit organisation with its central office located in Brussels, Belgium. EFA is a European alliance of over 40 allergies, asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) patients’ associations representing 30% of European citizens currently living with these diseases. EFA is dedicated to making Europe a place where people with these diseases have the right and access to best quality of care, participate in their care and have a safe environment.
The EFA Programme Assistant will assist the EFA Office in the implementation of EFA Work Plan and in particular in:
- Implementing the project plans of EFA patients research and policy projects on,
- Fulfilling EFA’s activities and deliverables for various EU Horizon 2020 projects,
- Liaising with EFA’s 42 members associations and external stakeholders to ensure their participation in EFA projects and initiatives,
- Liaising with EU policy-makers and stakeholders active in the field of public health and medical research and for the protection of health and quality of life of patients with asthma, allergy and COPD
- Following up and communicating EU policy developments related to EFA mission and objectives internally to members
- Attending events and workshops to represent EFA’s interests in patient advocacy and promote its activities,
- Supporting EFA external communication activities
- Organising internal meetings and external events.
You will have the possibility to take responsibility/leadership on specific tasks according to your ability and interest. As part of a small team, you will work closely with EFA Director of Strategy and Policy and EFA Project and Financial Manager and will support EFA Governance and Communication when required. EFA Programme Assistant will report to EFA Project and Financial Manager.
You should have the following experience and qualities:
- Preferably at the end stage of your undergraduate or postgraduate studies,
- Interest in respiratory diseases (specifically asthma, respiratory allergy and/or COPD) or healthcare system change in general and in patients’ representation in particular,
- Perfect English as a working language (other languages considered are considered plus),
- Excellent writing and communications skills,
- A previous working experience in NGOs is desirable
- An understanding of EU institutions and processes is desirable,
- Expertise using Microsoft Office and Joomla content management system,
- Knowledge about the use of social media (Twitter, Facebook, and Linked-In – others a bonus),
- Good social skills, a keen sense of responsibility and initiative,
- Willingness to work in a small international team,
- Availability for occasional evening work and travel.
The internship will last 6 months and is remunerated. The contract is a standard Belgian “Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle”.
Please apply by sending your CV, together with a cover letter and subject line “EFA Programme Assistant”, no later than Monday, November 20th to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates will be notified by the 24th November and interviews will commence the week after in Brussels.
Visit www.efanet.org for more information.