Reference Number: 170976
Department: Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department
Division: Gender Equity TG, SDTC
Location: Asian Development Bank Headquarters
Date Posted: Friday, December 1, 2017
Closing Date: Sunday, February 4, 2018 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC: “Innovative financial products for women startups and entrepreneurs in Asia and the Pacific (including digital finance/FinTech).”
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The research entails a review of the financial services and products for women startups, entrepreneurs, and women-led enterprises and the identification of needs, success factors, and business potentials for ADB’s sovereign and nonsovereign operations. Experience by commercial banks, women-only banks, and other financial institutions, and international financial institutions such as the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the International Finance Corporation will be reviewed.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Timing: June 2018
ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
- Gained knowledge by ADB staff on the current situation of financial products and services targeted at women startups and entrepreneurs through a Gender Equity Thematic Group – Finance Sector Group joint seminar.
- Working paper to be published through ADB’s website and Facebook.
- A blog produced on the topic on ADB Blog.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Master’s degree student in business administration, finance, economics, development studies with gender or women’s study as a minor, (or vice versa).
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Prior work experience in banks and private financial institutions would be an advantage
Excellent writing skills and proactive stakeholder engagement.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).