Open to Internal and External Candidates
|Position Title||:||EU Reporting and Programme Support Officer|
|Duty Station||:||Regional Office Brussels, Belgium|
|Classification||:||National Officer Staff, Grade NO-A|
|Type of Appointment||:||Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||:||As soon as possible|
|Closing Date||:||29th March 2017|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the EU Policy and Programme Officer – Africa (EUPPO-Africa) and in coordination with the EU/Regional Programme and Development Officer, the successful candidate will work in the Global Programme Support Unit/Policy and Programme Support Division to provide technical support to the Regional Office in Brussels as well as other IOM Offices in ensuring compliance with EU procedural requirements for project development, implementation, reporting, visibility, and evaluation, with a particular focus on actions funded by the EU Trust Fund for Africa (EUTF).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- In coordination and with the support of the EU Policy and Programme Officer – Africa (EUPPO-Africa), provide technical assistance to relevant IOM offices to ensure compliance with EU procedural, visibility and reporting requirements during both project development and project implementation;
- Provide internal review, support quality and coherence, and, as needed, ensure submission of project reports to the donor(s);
- As delegated, provide internal review and quality control processes for project outputs, including data monitoring and verification. Provide feedback to improve the quality and relevance of draft deliverables, quantitative and qualitative analysis;
- In coordination and with the support of the EU Policy and Programme Officer – Africa (EUPPO-Africa), support knowledge management on EU-funded projects and outputs, including maintenance of project tracking databases and tables and analysis of general EU Trust Fund for Africa financing trends;
- On actions funded by the EU Trust Fund for Africa, support the preparation of:
- Periodical reports on IOM activities and results;
- Statistical summaries, infographics and presentations;
- Content for online publication;
- Other background information as required;
- As and when required, coordinate with relevant units at Headquarters and the Regional Offices relevant to the EUTF as well as external counterparts with regard to the preparation of briefing materials for high-level meetings, development of IOM policy documents, and resource mobilization;
- Support the dissemination of IOM policies, publications and project outputs, relevant to the EUTF geographic areas of action, to EU Institutions, EU Member States and other Partner Organizations represented in Brussels and disseminating EU related policy and programming information to IOM Headquarters and IOM offices;
- As delegated, coordinate the organization of relevant to EUTF – IOM cooperation and project events, including Steering Committees and other visibility actions;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned;
- Undertake duty travel as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree Political or Social Science, International Studies or another relevant field from an accredited institution ;
- Bachelor degree in the above fields with 2 years of relevant professional experience in an international environment
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience in an international environment is highly desirable;
- Excellent knowledge of EU external migration and aid policies, financial instruments, institutions and decision-making mechanisms is required;
- Demonstrated experience working with EU contractual requirements, procedures and rules relevant to the development and implementation of EU-funded projects is required;
- Demonstrated experience in knowledge management and the production of concise internal and external reports, briefings and background materials is required;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French, including the ability to identify and express clearly key messages, adapting style to the intended audience;
- Very good organisational skills including experience with the organization of large events.
Fluency in English and French is required. Knowledge of Spanish and of any other EU language is an advantage.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Belgium will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications – Personal History Form and Cover Letter to IOMBrusselsApplications@iom.int by 29th March 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
To download Personal History Form please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 15.03.2017 until 29.03.2017