Vacancy Notice 2017- 06
Open to Internal and External Candidates
|Position Title||:||ECHO Finance and Reporting Analyst|
|Duty Station||:||Regional Office Brussels, Belgium|
Type of Appointment
| General Service Staff, Grade G5
Fixed Term, one year with possibility of extension
|Estimated Start Date||:||As soon as possible|
|Closing Date||:||22 March 2017|
Established in 1951, International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Regional Resource Management Officer (SRRMO) and the direct supervision of the EU Financial Compliance Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for providing technical assistance to IOM missions worldwide in financial, budget and reporting management of EC funded projects, more specifically on ECHO funded projects.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide general advice to project development officers and project managers on finance matters (budgeting, monitoring, revision, reporting, etc.) as well as on contractual conditions related to ECHO funded projects;
- Review project documents, budgets and financial reports for projects funded by ECHO in strict coordination with the involved Country Offices, Regional Offices and IOM central services as applicable;
- Provide technical assistance to missions worldwide to ensure that ECHO’s and IOM’s financial and administrative rules and procedures are applied consistently in ECHO funded actions;
- Monitor budget versus actual financial data in relation to the implementation of the ECHO projects operational activities and alert on unusual trends;
- Regularly update and maintain ECHO funded project database with financial and contractual data for follow-up, tracking and risk assessment purpose and timely alert supervisors whenever needed;
- Assist in the preparation of other financial reports and budgets as assigned;
- Support the EU Financial Compliance Officer in external verification/ audit exercises as announced by the EU Institutions by assisting in the provision of information, revision of documentation and drafting audit responses;
- Provide supervisors with recommendations to enhance the quality of EU funded projects budget and financial reporting functions;
- Contribute to maintaining proper internal controls as well as to ensuring adhering to any contractual, administrative and compliance related requirements;
- Perform monitoring in missions of EC/ECHO funding projects as and when assigned;
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce or a related discipline, from an accredited academic institution. Master degree in related fields and/or professional certification as Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant is an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in business administration, accounting, financial reporting and budget tracking;
- Proven experience with EU funding instruments, financial management and reporting is a requirement;
- Experience in the financial management and reporting of ECHO funded projects is a distinct advantage;
- High level of computer literacy, in particular in Excel and computerized accounting systems. Knowledge of SAP is an advantage;
- Familiarity with International Accounting Standards (IAS) is an asset;
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust data discrepancies.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning and contributes to colleagues’ learning;
- Writes and communicates clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience;
- Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services and proactively develops new ways to resolve problems;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts;
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives;
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
The appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Belgium will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications – Personal History Form and Cover Letter to ROBrusselsRecruitment@iom.int by 22 March 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
To download Personal History Form please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 22.02.2017 until 22.03.2017
Read more and apply here.