During 24 hours, mixed teams of designers, architects, researchers, academics, urban planners, students, social entrepreneurs, city council representatives and business representatives will work together with a fellow citizen and design partner (lead user) to come up with inclusive solutions in response to the Hackathon challenge.
Participatory Urbanism 2017 is a two-day event on 7-8 April in Brussels, Belgium, that brings together scientists, city planners, public officials, urban activists, businesses and NGOs to to foster peer learning, inspiration and wonder – and provoke conversations that matter. The Participatory Urbanism Forum is the highlight our 4 years of collaboration and will be the place we launch the European Charter on Collaborative Urban Development.
Free Registration for Hackathon Participants!
To show our appreciation to our colleagues who share the same enthusiasm in citizen engagement, there will be no registration fee. April 7th will be spent working on the challenge, and on April 8th, Hackathon participants will join the conference for presentations and celebration. Although registration is free, participants will need to cover their own costs for food, transportation, and accommodation.
- Unique opportunity for knowledge transfer between participants
- Gain new skills in inclusive design and Participatory Urbanism
- Be part of a best practice demonstration project developed in an extremely short timeframe
- An invaluable opportunity to show what you and your selected team are made of
- Enables new talent to be spotted and developed by the business
- Creative stimulus for mid-career practitioners
- Become part of an international network and draw on the expertise of the Participatory Urbanism and the People Friendly Cities network
Read more and register here.