European Roma Information Office (ERIO) are currently looking for a full-time intern to start ASAP until 13 July 2016.
Deadline to apply: 7/2/2016
Founded in 2003, the European Roma Information Office (ERIO) is an international advocacy organisation which promotes political and public discussion on Roma issues by providing information to the EU institutions, civil society and governments. Through its wide network, it aims to combat racist discrimination and social exclusion of Roma through awareness raising, lobbying and policy development.
- Carrying out research on EU and national politics with regards to Roma issues and in the fields of anti-discrimination and social inclusion
- Assisting with current projects
- Assisting with drafting of publications
- Supporting the information programme (e.g. e-news, newsletters, press releases, etc)
- Assisting with the organisation of events
- Proofreading and editing texts
- Supporting the maintenance of ERIO’s database
- Supporting the updating of ERIO’s website
- Excellent English both verbally and writing
- Fluency in French is preferable
- Demonstrated knowledge of Roma issues, discrimination/human rights and of European Union policies and institutions
- Commitment to the promotion of Roma inclusion and human rights
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Computer skills
Internships are unpaid. However, we can offer you the possibility to:
- Gain knowledge on lobbying with European institutions on anti-discrimination and social inclusion issues
- Become familiar with EU policies on Roma, human rights and anti-discrimination issues
- Become familiar with the landscape of Brussels-based NGOs
- Work in an international and multicultural environment
- Gain knowledge on fundraising issues
How to apply:
If you are interested in an unpaid internship, please send your CV and a motivation letter stating your interest for this internship as well as your availability (i.e. starting date and duration of internship) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we only reply to short-listed candidates.