The Corporate Services Unit is one of the key supporting units of the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA). The Unit provides services to internal and external stakeholders with a high service-oriented mind set. The services provided include Meetings and Travel Services, Conference and A/V Services, Building Maintenance and Physical Security. Within the Building and Facility Team there is a strong emphasis beside a correct contract and professional project management, to deliver the necessary added value. This includes advice on workplace design and office lay-out, ergonomic advice, support on customers’ wellbeing and reducing the Agencies environmental impact. The Building and Facility Team has an opening for a Trainee in Environmental Engineering with an understanding of the principles of Environmental Management Systems.
The Trainee will assist the Infrastructure Assistant and the Facilities Assistants within the Building & Facility Management Team to assess, identify, implement and execute the environmental measures of the Agency. The main duties of the role shall cover:
- Collect and verify information concerning the current environmental performance of the Agency;
- Assess the environmental figures and environmental measures in place into environmental indicators;
- Translate measures and figures on their environmental impact and performance and suggest improvements;
- Assist in the set-up of an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System for the Agency and coordinate with the Executive Office of the Agency
- Provide daily assistance to the team in the environmental performance of the Agency;
- Suggests integration of environmental measures in the contract management of the building, procedures in place and the follow-up of the facilities;
- Provide support and assistance to other services in the Corporate Services Unit on environmental attitudes and measures.
- Completed university studies of master degree level in environmental engineering;
- Knowledge and/or interest in environmental building management systems;
- Some knowledge of facility and building management including maintenance of technical installations;
- Communication and facilitation skills to proactively engage and influence multiple internal stakeholder groups;
- Experience in using MS Office tools;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Aptitude for team work;
- Good English skills both written and spoken (as this is the working language of the Agency).
Starting Date: 1 September 2015
The Agency offers a grant of approximately 1,300 euro.
Duration: 6 months
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Deadline for applications: 14 June 2015 at 24:00 Helsinki time
More information about the traineeship could be found here.