The Committees Secretariat Unit ensures that the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) three technical and scientific Committees operate in an independent, efficient, transparent, and consistent manner and can deliver high-quality scientific opinions or agreements.
The Committees Secretariat provides the Secretariat for the three ECHA Committees (Member State Committee – MSC, Committee for Risk Assessment – RAC, Committee for Socio-Economic Analysis – SEAC) and plans, prepares, organises and follows up their work.
In the Member State Committee Secretariat written procedures are used a lot in the decision making process with the Member State Committee. The assignment for the trainee is to analyse the written procedure approach that is currently used to identify possible improvement areas in terms of effectiveness and efficiency.
The tasks may include:
- detailed, and if feasible, quantitative analysis of the steps in the written procedure approach;
- preparing an implementation of a questionnaire for the Committee members on their views about what should be kept and what could be changed;
- analysis of the results;
- identification of and comparison with alternative approaches;
- a written report of the work performed, including recommendations.
- Completed university degree;
- Knowledge of organisational development and change management;
- Knowledge in EU administration;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Capacity to interact with internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience in using MS Office and data analysis tools;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Aptitude for team work as well as cooperative and service-oriented attitude;
- Good English skills both written and spoken (as this is the working language of the Committee).
Starting Date: 1 September 2015
The Agency offers a grant of approximately 1,300 euro.
Duration: 6 months
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Deadline for applications: 14 June 2015 at 24:00 Helsinki time
More information about the traineeship could be found here.