An internship in the Architecture, Engineering & Operations (AE&O) Project Management team at our site in Kaiseraugst offers you the opportunity to apply your IT knowledge, coordination and organizational skills as well as to obtain insights into Roche IT infrastructure through your support to manage projects in execution. During your time with us you will have the unique opportunity to collaborate with PMP-certified Project Managers, with long experience managing different sizes of projects in a truly international and complex IT infrastructure context. Depending on current needs you might also have the opportunity to practice your skills in virtual collaboration and your intercultural awareness through regular interactions with staff in either of the three strategic sites (Basel/Kaiseraugst, Madrid and South San Francisco) and various other locations throughout different time zones.
Your main responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following, based on needs at the time of joining:
- Support the formulation and definition of scope and objectives of projects in collaboration with the project manager and Roche internal and external team members. Contribute to the elaboration of schedules, budgets and scope baselines
- Support the delivery of the project on the approved baseline schedule and budget by participating in the coordination and tracking of the project execution and the monitoring of risks
- Suggest improvements where necessary and appropriate to improve efficiencies during project execution
- Actively manage risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies (RAID) by carefully assessing potential impacts in collaboration with the project manager and other project team members and propose appropriate mitigation actions
- Help providing accurate, timely and fit for purpose project status reporting using established norms and reporting tools of our project portfolio
- Help organize the appropriate involvement of project resources
- Support compliance with project management, portfolio management and Computerized System Validation (CSV) policies, guidelines, process tools and reporting standards of our project portfolio
- Facilitate project management activities across our in-house project management methodology (PMM), which is loosely based on the PMI framework
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You have the following qualifications:
- You are an enrolled Bachelor or Master student in the field of Computer Science, Business Administration or related field
- Short work experience, internships and studies abroad are a plus
- Knowledge of Windows Productivity Software (Office, Excel, PowerPoint) is a plus
- You are fluent in English (verbally and oral); Other languages, especially German and Spanish are a plus
- As part of your studies, school education or any other work experience you can demonstrate a track record of having worked well with others in a team environment
- You are self-started and fully committed to the challenge at hand
- You like figuring out something new, you are open and apply a learner’s mindset to get started easily
- You are flexible to go above and beyond your comfort zone and past experience
- You pair analytic skills with creativity
- You are curious about IT Technologies and interested in Project Management methodologies
The preferred start date of the internship is February 2016, for 9-12 months. Please clearly indicate your preferred start date and duration in your cover letter.
In order to be considered all applications must include a CV and a cover letter.
At Roche, 88,500 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.