The European Asylum Support Office (hereinafter referred to as “EASO”), established by Regulation 439/20101 , strengthens European Union (EU) Member States practical cooperation on asylum, enhances the implementation of the Common European Asylum System (CEAS) and supports Member States whose asylum and reception systems are under particular pressure.
Specifically, EASO focuses on three main tasks:
1. Supporting practical cooperation among Member States on asylum mainly through training, quality activities, country of origin information (COI), statistics and analysis, specialized expert networks, practical cooperation workshops, thematic support on unaccompanied minors, trafficking in human beings and gender ;
2. Supporting Member States under particular pressure through emergency support, including the deployment of asylum support teams to assist EU Member States in managing asylum applications and in putting in place appropriate reception facilities;
3. Contributing to the implementation of the CEAS by collecting and exchanging information on best practices, drawing up an annual report on the asylum situation in the EU covering the whole asylum procedure in EU Member States and adopting technical documents, on the implementation of the new EU asylum acquis.
The organisation chart of EASO can be consulted in the EASO Work Programme on EASO website (www.easo.europa.eu).
The headquarters of EASO are located in Valletta Harbour (Malta).
The successful candidate would support the Information and Analysis Coordinator, who has overall responsibility for the development of the project, by:
- performing research and compilation of information to be included in IDS;
- completing, updating and improving the topical summaries provided in the system;
- performing tasks related to the day-to-day running of the IDS;
- organising liaison with IDS network members from participating countries (including daily communication and organizing meetings);
- making practical suggestions on how to improve the system;
- any other relevant tasks assigned by the Head of Centre.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT The Temporary Agent will be appointed by the Executive Director, upon recommendation of the Selection Committee, following the selection procedure.
He/she will be recruited as a temporary agent pursuant to Article 2(f) of the CEOS for a period of 5 years which may be renewed. The temporary agent post in question will be placed in group AST 4.
Successful candidates who are recruited will undergo an initial probation period of nine months.
The pay for a Temporary Agent, AST 4 (step 1) consists of a basic salary of 3968,06 € weighted by the correction coefficient (for Malta currently 84.5%) supplemented with various allowances, including family allowances. The salaries of staff members are subject to a Community tax deducted at source. Staff members are exempt from national tax on salary and are members of the Community social security and pension schemes.
The place of employment is Valletta Harbour (Malta).
The closing date for submission of the applications is 5 February 2016 at 13:00h (Brussels time).