Vacancy Notice N° e108/2017
Scientific Support Assistant – Night shift (Night production/packaging supervisor) (Grade B3)
Directorate General of Democracy (DG II)
European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM)
Reference Standards and Samples Division (DRS)
Turnover profiles are specific roles where it is considered to be in the best interests of the Organisation to have a consistent rotation of staff. Turnover profiles offer once-only opportunities under this scheme and the total duration of employment cannot exceed five years.
 Staff members or former staff members who are or have previously been employed in the framework of the Junior Professional Programme or Turnover Profiles will not be eligible again for any of the profiles under these schemes. The Council of Europe reserves the right to assess the admissibility of candidates who are or have previously been employed with the Organisation according to their contractual situation at the closing date of this competition.
* External recruitment procedure organised in accordance with Article 16 of the Regulations on Appointments.
** Staff members or former staff members who are or have previously been employed in the framework of the Junior Professional Programme or Turnover Profiles will not be eligible again for any of the profiles under these schemes. The Council of Europe reserves the right to assess the admissibility of candidates who are or have previously been employed with the Organisation according to their contractual situation at the closing date of this competition.
Under the authority of the Director of the European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM) and the Head of the Reference Standards and Samples Division (DRS), the incumbent ensures that night-shift operations of the production workshops are conducted properly in accordance with guidelines and priorities and with a concern for quality, efficiency and accuracy.
The incumbent will be required to work the night shift. Working hours are from 3 pm to 11.30 pm and from 6.30 pm to 3.00 am Monday to Friday, alternately. In order to compensate for night work, only 4 shifts per week will be worked (Monday to Thursday) with every Friday shift constituting remunerated additional leave (Friday off).
The incumbent performs the following key duties:
- ensures that night-shift production of reference substances satisfies internal quality, HSE, and productivity requirements and that the procedures in force are followed;
- realises production programmes, satisfying quality requirements and deadlines while optimising batch planning according to the schedule established by the production manager;
- participates in the management of night-shift production activities using performance indicators to improve results (number of units filled, number of batches processed, compliance with deadlines);
- participates directly in production operations (filling, labelling, etc);
- if there are malfunctions, deals with common incidents to reduce their impact on Quality, HSE and productivity and takes corrective actions;
- collaborates proactively with support services / services working ahead of the activity (building maintenance and system maintenance, supply and storage, planning, review of batch dossiers and management of deviations, HSE);
- supervises and leads a production team (production and filling/packaging) operating at night, makes optimal use of the human resources and facilities under his or her responsibility;
- participates in constituting night-shift production teams to carry out weekly programmes for the production of the quantities to be dispatched;
- organises absences and leave taken by staff;
- trains operators in the use of work stations;
- conducts personal interviews with his or her staff (objective setting, appraisals);
- manages the transmission of instructions to the other teams (especially day-shift teams);
- reports regularly to the production manager;
- agrees with the production manager on action plans to be carried out with internal maintenance services to maintain and improve infrastructures, environment and working conditions at night and make them more reliable;
- monitors and validates the implementation of these action plans according to agreed deadlines.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Location : Strasbourg, France
Closing date: 13 November 2017