Scientific Programme Officer – Statistician (Grade A1/A2)
Directorate General of Democracy (DG II)
European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM)
Department of Biological Standardisation, Official Medicines Control Laboratories (OMCL) Network & Healthcare (DBO)
Under the authority of the Director of the European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM) and of the Head of Department, the incumbent will be responsible for providing statistical input and support to a range of scientific programs, in particular in the field of quality control of biologicals, and to the elaboration and revision of monographs and chapters of the European Pharmacopoeia.
The incumbent performs the following key duties:
- advises, designs, plans and carries out the collection, compilation, analysis and dissemination of statistical data including:
– advising on the design and analysing of scientific projects in the field of quality control of pharmaceuticals, in particular of biologicals, from a statistical point of view;
– initiating and moderating scientific discussions in the European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.) Working Party “Statistics” and assisting in drafting relevant reports and scientific papers;
– giving statistical advice to working groups and expert meetings during the elaboration and revision of Ph. Eur. monographs;
- participates in the development, implementation, management and promotion of statistical tools for data analysis in the field of quality control of pharmaceuticals:
– participating in seminars and training sessions and providing guidance and technical support on statistics and EDQM statistical tools to users both internally and externally;
– providing user support for CombiStats, the EDQM software for statistical analysis of results of biological assays and promotes its use;
– drafting and answering users’ questions via the EDQM’s Helpdesk.
- keeps up to date with developments in the field; maintains co-operation with the relevant bodies; attends and participates in meetings, conferences and seminars in the field;
- contributes to the continuous improvement of the EDQM Quality Management System.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Location : Strasbourg, France
Closing date: 15 July 2015