The scholarships available in the annual round are:
- Australian Postgraduate Awards (APA)
- Pays a living allowance to domestic students, and to international students who’ve been awarded an International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS).
- QUT Postgraduate Research Awards (QUTPRA)
- Pays a living allowance to domestic students and international students.
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS)
- Covers the tuition fees of international students.
- Indigenous Postgraduate Research Award (IPRA)
- Pays a living allowance to a research student of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent.
- QUT Women’s Re-entry Scholarship (WRE)
- Pays a living allowance to a female research student who can demonstrate a significant interruption to her academic career.
There are also faculty-funded, institute-funded and top-up scholarships available.
The annual scholarship round for scholarships commencing in 2014 opens on 12 August 2013, and closes at 11.59pm on 13 October 2013.
Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is an Australian university with an applied emphasis in courses and research. Based in Brisbane, the university has a global outlook, some 42,000 students, including 6000 from overseas.