The Sarajevo Youth Summit will give the opportunity for youth voices to be heard and for youth from the Western Balkans to exchange experiences about the issues they feel are relevant and important for the region’s future. They will also share knowledge and experiences of activists from (post)conflict societies and emerging democracies that could be significant for the Western Balkans.
The Summit seeks to educate, connect and inspire the world’s future leaders in the fields of human rights, transitional justice, political transition and anti-discrimination.
Participants will have the opportunity to build their leadership skills. They will benefit from and contribute to the creation of a platform for cooperation and dialogue between prospective leaders from the Western Balkans, as well as with decision-makers within the EU. Young people will have the possibility to present to EU officials their visions of the region’s problems.
The summit will take place from 14-16 October 2015 in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Participants will have to choose to work in one of the three panel groups:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina – What Next?
- Regional Youth Exchange Program;
- Global Perspective.
- Students or recent graduates of the social sciences, human rights activists and/or members of youth political parties from Western Balkans or EU;
- Demonstrate a strong interest in human rights activism and in the advancement of democracy in their respective communities, as well as worldwide;
- Youth affiliated with civil society organizations are especially encouraged to apply;
- Applicants should demonstrate commitment to and experience in human rights issues and be proficient in both spoken and written English.
All costs, including transportation, visa delivering, accommodation and working materials, will be covered by Youth Initiative for Human Rights.
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Application deadline: 31 July 2015