‘’The Role of Youth in Solving Global Challenges and Bridging Gaps among Nations’’
The 2015 Summit will be the first edition of the series of the events. The Summits are planned to focus on a different thematic content on annual basis. The second summit is planned to take place in Krakow in 2016 and will focus on Accountability, Transparency and Good Governance. The aim of the event is to bring together the brightest students, youth activists, leaders in the society, entrepreneurs, professors and businessman to start a dialogue on global challenges of today and tomorrow and to come up with tangible solutions to challenge the reality.
On 16-19th April 2015 in Vilnius, Lithuania 80 international delegates will take part in an International Y2Y Summit ‘’The Role of Youth in Solving Global Challenges and Bridging Gaps Among Nations’’.
The aim of the event is to bring together the brightest students, youth activists, leaders in the society, entrepreneurs, professors and businessman to start a dialogue on global challenges of today and tomorrow and to create specific solutions to address them.
Organization ”Opportunity Development’‘ is the main organizer of the Y2Y Summit 2015 in Lithuania, while e-globalknowledge is the main content contributor of the summit.
Organization ”Opportunity Development” is aiming to facilitate the dialogue across cultures, countries and various environments and bring a new edge to the debate on the contemporary challenges by providing both a platform online and offline for young activists.
E-globalknowledge movement is run by young people for young people which aim is to engage more actively youth in an entire range of global issues and speak up.
The event will cover 6 topics:
– Social entrepreneurship as a tool to decrease youth unemployment;
– Youth as ambassadors of peace education;
– Youth role in decision making process;
– Development education/education for all;
– Empowerment of female youth;
– Youth in diplomacy;
The event will include various activities such as:
– Panel sessions;
– Interactive workshops;
– Role model games and simulations;
– Drawing the declaration of the Y2Y Summit;
– Development and creation of scenarios and strategies for real youth involvement in solving local and global challenges;
– Exhibition of cultural and traditional things;
– Cultural performances (participants, embassies, etc.);
– City tour;
Highly experienced, known and appreciated speakers will come to the forum to contribute to the outcomes and content of the conference. To mention few: representative of the Ministry of Bangladesh; representatives from Common Wealth Youth Program, World Youth Assembly, AEGEE-Europe, European Youth Foundation, European Youth Council, Global Shapers Community of World Economic Forum, Dignitaries from Lithuanian Government, Parliament, the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Peace Revolution and many more.
International Y2Y Summit will become a platform for youth as future leaders of the world to hone their leadership, diplomacy, cultural, intercultural communication, critical thinking and self-development skills.
– To draw the Youth to Youth Summit Declaration which will define and serve as guidelines for expressing the united youth position and voice on the 6 most sensitive and relevant topics to youth;
– To develop 6 specific actions which will be implemented back in the home countries of the participants after the summit for each of the 6 main topics covered during the summit;
– To select the board of Youth to Youth Summit representing the youth from all the continents of the world. The board will be selected for a period of 1 year for the coordination and organization of the Y2Y Summit 2016, coordination of Y2Y Summit 2015 follow-up activities, promotion of the Y2Y Summit and development of it;
– To release ‘’Yellow Pages’’ as a follow-up activity of the summit as Y2Y Summit recommendations and proposed solutions to solve the main global challenges discussed during the event;
– To select the topic and the organizers of the Y2Y Summit 2016;
– To create the Y2Y Friend’s Network which will serve as a space for strengthening unity between youth from different continents of the world, as well as bridging the gap among the continents;
– To select the Youth to Youth Ambassador representing the youth from all the continents of the world.
WHY SHOULD YOU PARTICIPATE?
- To engage in a dialogue on global challenges of today and tomorrow
- To take concrete actions and find ways to solve those challenges
- To connect with young from across the world and build bridges of friendship
- To hone your leadership, diplomacy, cultural, intercultural communication, critical thinking and self-development skills
- To increase your skills in public speaking, team-building and problem-solving
- To acquire an invaluable set of skills for making a positive impact on your community and country
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
- citizen of any country across the world
- be no younger than 18 and no older than 35 years old
- demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and potential to become a key leader in your community
- passion to create positive social change and willingness to use Y2Y experience in your leadership position
- be active either in politics (local, national, or international), civil society organizations, media, the business sector, local communities, faith based movements, and other fields
- good knowledge of written and spoken English
The following fees have been established:
– 100 Euros for international participants residing outside Lithuania.
– 100 Euros for Lithuanian participants (accommodation covered).
– 30 Euros for Lithuanian participants (accommodation not covered).
The fee covers accommodation, food, materials for sessions.
International participants are expected to cover their return traveling expenses and visa cost.
Application deadline: 15 January 2015