The product policy supporting group, as part of the Sustainable Production and Consumption Unit, is looking for a researcher to contribute to the support of environmental product policies. The group supports the implementation of the EU’s Ecolabel Regulation (EC 66/2010), the EC communication on Green Public procurement (COM (2008)400), the ErP Directive (2009/125/EC) and the Energy Labelling Directive (2010/30/EU).
Environmental product policies are supported and implemented by the group in consultation with stakeholders and adopted by the Commission and then published for use in the Member States. The successful candidate is expected to develop a broad evidence base that feeds into the different policy instruments.
Typical product groups under analysis range from end consumer products such as paper products, lubricants, etc. to typical procurement products such as office buildings, street lighting or data centers.
Qualifications and requirements
- Candidates must have a PhD (doctorate degree) or a minimum of 5 years of professional experience after having completed university studies of at least 3 years (bachelor degree).
- For this post it is important to have a good understanding of the environmental impacts related to consumer products, with a view to their whole life cycle.
- Knowledge of environmental legislation in the EU and in the Member States as well as a thorough knowledge of general product policies at EU level is an advantage.
- A good understanding of market analysis is required.
- It is important to have an open mind and positive attitude with the ability to assess submitted information; and to be able to actively participate in expert discussions and meetings. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and able to manage a project to deadlines.
- A very good level of written and spoken English is essential and knowledge of other EU languages is advantageous.
Application Deadline: 31/08/2015 23:59 Brussels time