The Secretariat of the Commission for Environmental Cooperation (CEC), is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time, two-year position of Project Coordinator, Green Growth, at its headquarters in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. This position is classified as General Staff. As such, the CEC will not be responsible for relocation or related costs, nor will the CEC assist with visa or work-permit related matters; candidates must be eligible for employment in Canada.
The successful applicant will have an undergraduate degree in a field of work related to the environment or other relevant areas of work plus five years of experience or advanced post-secondary training in a specialized field related to the environment or other relevant areas of work plus ten years of related experience. Experience working in an environmental organization, government agency or experience with current environmental policies and issues is an asset.
Candidates must be proficient in English and preferably be proficient in at least one other of the three official languages of the CEC (French, and Spanish).
Reporting to the Program Manager, Green Growth, the incumbent will support the cooperative work program of CEC work and accomplishments throughout North America in the area of green growth by carrying out the following tasks:
- Coordinate the contracting and oversight of experts and consultants working under contract for the CEC program of assignment. This includes participating in the identification and evaluation of potential consultants in coordination with the respective working group/steering committee and program manager; coordinating the development, drafting terms of reference and requests for proposals; and tracking contract deliverables.
- Monitor implementation of specified CEC activities and projects, review and track progress of work needs and budgets.
- Identify and liaise with project stakeholders.
- Participate in planning and conduct of meetings and public consultations involving government officials, experts and other stakeholders working to deliver projects.
- Provide administrative support to the program manager related to the implementation of CEC projects.
Key professional attributes and skills:
- Demonstrate experience working on projects related to green growth or environmental regulation, in particular projects on waste reduction, energy efficiency or sustainable trade, production and consumption.
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English.
- Effective writing skills to prepare, edit, review various English documents prior to publication.
- Experience in basic administration, planning and monitoring of contracts, events and other activities.
- Proven ability to work with stakeholders from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Candidate must demonstrate tact, diplomacy and judgment in performing duties.
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Application deadline: 20 July 2015