EuroMed Rights – Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Network
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Remuneration: According to EuroMed Rights’ salary scale, based on years of experience + reimbursement of public transport + lunch vouchers
Application deadline: 5 November 2017, midnight CET
EuroMed Rights is looking to recruit an enthusiastic assistant to join its programme on Palestine, Israel and the Palestinians (PIP).
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
The Programme Assistant will assist the Programme Officer in the implementation of EuroMed Rights activities under its programme on Palestine, Israel and the Palestinians and be part of EuroMed Rights Advocacy Department, managed by the Advocacy Director. S/he will work under the supervision of the Programme Officer, including by undertaking the following tasks:
- Support the Programme Officer in organising activities of the PIP Working Group, including meetings, advocacy missions and training sessions. This includes sending invitation letters, setting up meetings, booking hotels, preparing budgets, accounting, logistics, etc;
- Monitor the implementation of the European Neighbourhood Policy, as well as the policies and instruments of the European Union (EU), Member States and, when relevant, international organisations such as the UN, relating to Palestine, Israel and the Palestinians;
- Actively research, update and distribute information on Israel/Palestine (and linked to the EU and international organisations) to the Working Group members and partners;
- Maintain and update EuroMed Rights’ database of contacts;
- Participate in various meetings, note-taking and preparation of meeting reports;
- Assist in the coordination of the PIP Working Group members in view of drafting reports, statements, press releases and other documents published by EuroMed Rights on Palestine, Israel and the Palestinians;
- Ensure the translation, publishing, printing, and promotion of the materials and reports of the PIP Working Group;
- Support the drafting of narrative and financial reports, as well as of reports evaluating the activities of the PIP Working Group;
- Participating in PIP activities in Europe, Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT);
- Represent EuroMed Rights during meetings with stakeholders upon delegation by the PIP Programme Officer as far as Palestine, Israel and the Palestinians are concerned.
PROFILE, SKILLS AND BACKGROUND
- University Degree in European Studies, Human Rights, Law, Political and Social Science – other degrees may also be considered;
- Knowledge of the functioning of the EU institutions. Knowledge of UN mechanisms would be an asset;
- Knowledge of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and about the role of the EU in the conflict;
- Knowledge of human rights standards;
- Proven track record with civil society work;
- Practical experience in event management and administrative tasks;
- Languages: excellent written and spoken English. Knowledge of Arabic or French will be considered an asset;
- Computer literacy in Office suite, and interest in digital security;
- Self-motivated, well-organised, able to work strategically, independently and efficiently under pressure, in particular to meet the needs of at-risk human rights defenders in a fast, flexible and relentless manner;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Keen attention to details.
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and motivation letter (in English) by Sunday 5 November 2017 at midnight CET to Marie Picalausa, Administrative, Financial & Human Resource Officer, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 21 November 2017. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.