The European Commission’s Directorate General for Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection (ECHO) funds relief operations for victims of natural disasters and conflicts outside the European Union. For humanitarian aid, the Commission works with about 200 operational partners, including United Nations agencies, the Red Cross/Crescent movement and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Aid is channelled impartially, straight to victims, regardless of their race, ethnic group, religion, gender, age, nationality or political affiliation.
The ECHO office based in Bangkok, Thailand, requires a Program Assistant for Disaster Risk Reduction/Resilience.
The candidate must have:
- A relevant first level university degree or equivalent professional experience;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience at national or international level in supporting programme/project operations, including experience with an NGO’s, donor, or national/international organisation;
- Experience in Disaster Risk Reduction/Resilience will be an asset;
- Previous experience in the humanitarian and/or development sectors, with a multilateral or international organization will be an asset;
- Good understanding of Humanitarian Aid principles, policies and standards;
- Good knowledge of the EU humanitarian aid system preferable;
- Good knowledge of International NGOs, UN Aid agencies and Red Cross Movement;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- An excellent level of English;
- An excellent knowledge of Thai or another language from South East Asia is mandatory.
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Application deadline: Applications must arrive no later than 23/06/2015 at 17:00 hrs local Bangkok time.