The European Commission’s Directorate General for Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection (ECHO) funds relief operations for victims of natural disasters and conflicts outside the European Union. For humanitarian aid, the Commission works with about 200 operational partners, including United Nations agencies, the Red Cross/Crescent movement and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Aid is channelled impartially, straight to victims, regardless of their race, ethnic group, religion, gender, age, nationality or political affiliation.
The ECHO office based in Bangkok, Thailand, requires an Information & Communication Assistant (ICA).
The candidate must have:
- A relevant first-level university degree or equivalent professional experience;
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience at national or international level in public relations, journalism, advocacy or corporate communication;
- Experience in conceptualizing and managing the production of communication material. Demonstrated experience in developing content for web, print, audio-visual productions; and social media platforms;
- Excellent drafting skills, including a demonstrated capacity to synthetize information;
- Previous experience in the humanitarian and/or development sectors, with a multilateral or international organization will be considered an asset;
- Experience in publishing and graphic design will be an advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- An excellent level of English;
- An excellent knowledge of Thai or another language from South East Asia is mandatory.
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Deadline: Applications must arrive no later than 23/06/2015 at 17:00 hrs local Bangkok time.