About us: The European LPG association, AEGPL, is the representative body of the LPG industry at European level, representing national LPG Associations as well as distributors and equipment manufacturers from across Europe. Our mission is to engage with EU decision-makers and the wider policy community in order to optimise the contribution that LPG – as a clean and immediately available energy source – can make to meeting Europe’s energy and environmental challenges.
POSITION: Communications and Public Affairs Assistant
Main Purpose: To support the communications and public affairs activities of the Association.
Duration: 6 months (based in the Brussels EU district)
Start: January 2018
- Support in organization (including onsite) of the AEGPL Annual Congress, which will take place in Monaco in June 2018
- Implementation of communications and stakeholder management activities
- Assistance with various communications activities, including the organization of Brussels-based events sponsored by the association
- Content editing for the AEGPL website
- Support in coordination of projects/services to be delivered by external providers
- Research on energy/alternative transport fuels/environment policy initiatives
- Research and drafting of internal and external policy and communications documents
- Assistance to the team with members’ requests
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills, and preferably at least one other European language
- Strong interest in European public affairs/communications
- A good understanding of the functioning of the European Union. Previous experience in the field of energy policy would be an advantage
- Strong organizational skills
- Result oriented and innovative mind set
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- EU citizen – or have the right to work in the EU.
- The opportunity to gain experience in the Brussels policy sphere
- Experience working in the energy sector
- Remunerated internship
Please send your CV and cover letter to Christine Molina at Christine.Molina@aegpl.be
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please note however that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.