Product Safety Specialist (Scientific Assistant) (Grade B4)
Directorate General of Democracy (DG II)
European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM)
Quality, Safety & Environment Division (QSED)
Turnover profiles are specific roles where it is considered to be in the best interests of the Organisation to have a consistent rotation of staff. Turnover profiles offer once-only opportunities under this scheme and the total duration of employment cannot exceed five years.
Staff members or former staff members who are or have previously been employed in the framework of the Junior Professional Programme or Turnover Profiles will not be eligible again for any of the profiles under these schemes. The Council of Europe reserves the right to assess the admissibility of candidates who are or have previously been employed with the Organisation according to their contractual situation at the closing date of this competition.
Under the authority of the Head of Division, the incumbent ensures regulatory compliance of chemical and biological materials in accordance with procedures, guidelines and priorities and with a concern for quality, efficiency and accuracy, and in compliance with Council of Europe’s values and regulations.
The incumbent performs the following key duties:
- assesses all new chemical and biological materials received by the EDQM against the policy for hazardous materials to propose a classification compiles Safety Data Sheets (SDS);
- prepares information for users of Reference Standards about classification of hazardous materials;
- assesses critical quality attributes of reference standards;
- prepares batch release decisions and related documents (e.g. leaflets);
- develops and updates Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for users and responds to their questions;
- contributes to the continual development of the Quality Management System and relevant IT systems (e.g. SAP EH&S module and Lisam ExESS software).
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Fixed-term contract: The total length of employment under fixed-term contracts will not exceed five years.
Location : Strasbourg, France
Closing date: 28 May 2018