The postcard contest form part of the international project called GLOBAL PLACE: Global Partnership for Learning, Acting, Creating and Educating involving 17 partners from 16 different countries: Spain, Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Italy, Greece, France, Vietnam, India, Nepal, Philippines, Thailand, Kenya, Malawi, Nicaragua, and Peru in order to achieve together the following goals:
- Strengthen a network of organizations with common vision on volunteers exchange and sustainable development,
- Create a response to the post-2015 development agenda in the sphere of youth,
- Foster cooperation and improve the quality in the field of EVS Exchange.
The contest is open to all young people who:
- are 35 years old or younger
- are from Spain, Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Italy, Greece, France, Vietnam, India, Nepal, Philippines, Thailand, Kenya, Malawi, Nicaragua, or Peru
- there is no limitation of number of postcards that can be submitted by one person.
Postcard Size: 12 cm x 16,8cm used in either a horizontal or vertical format. The surface must be flat with no moving parts or additions.
Design: All designs must be on one side of the postcard. On the opposite side the organizers claims the right to include the information about the project, sustainable development goals and funding institutions.
- Designs must be original, appropriate for all audiences, not offensive or derogatory.
- There is no specific technique required. Participants are free to be creative and use the technique that best fits their postcard idea.
- All submissions must be in JPEG format. Submissions displaying copyright notes, watermarks, signatures, and other written information will NOT be accepted.
- Each postcard design needs to include the full name of the goal, that is representing
The contest aims to create visual representation of the Sustainable Development Goals.
One postcard should represent one of the golas:
End poverty in all its forms everywhere
|Goal 2||End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture|
|Goal 3||Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages|
|Goal 4||Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all|
|Goal 5||Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls|
|Goal 6||Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all|
|Goal 7||Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all|
|Goal 8||Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all|
|Goal 9||Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation|
|Goal 10||Reduce inequality within and among countries|
|Goal 11||Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable|
Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
|Goal 14||Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development|
Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
The deadline for submission is 31st of May.