EUROCHAMBRES is the Brussels-based association of European Chambers of Commerce & Industry. EUROCHAMBRES has member organisations in 43 countries representing a network of 1,700 regional and local Chambers with 20 million member companies. More info on www.eurochambres.eu.
EUROCHAMBRES is looking for an intern to work with its policy team from March 2018. The internship will be for an initial period of three months, renewable once for up to three further months. The intern will receive a gross allowance of €760 plus luncheon vouchers.
What does the internship involve?
- Research into EU policy issues concerning businesses and Chambers, both inside and outside the single market
- Monitoring EU institutional activities
- Attending and reporting on relevant EU institutional meetings and external events
- Organisation of meetings and events (invitations, registrations, catering, minutes, etc.)
- General support to the policy team
What are we are looking for?
- Interest in EU policy-making, specifically in dossiers of relevance to the business community
- Background in trade policy and internationalisation an asset
- Familiarity with the EU institutions and processes
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Reliability, adaptability and capacity to prioritise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and ideally also French
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic, international team for a highly respected EU level organisation
- First-hand experience of the EU public affairs environment in Brussels
- Involvement in some of the key policy discussions for Europe’s business community
- Direct contact with the EU institutions
Please send your CV and a short letter (no more than one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 February 2108, outlining:
- Policy areas that are of particular interest to you
- Why you’re interested in the position and
- Why we should be interested in you
Only candidates pre-selected for interview will be contacted. Interviews will be held in person in Brussels or via phone or Skype. Please note that any travel and accommodation costs in relation to interviews will be at the pre-selected candidates’ own charge.