Vacancy Notice N° o24/2017
Senior Project Officer (Grade B5)
Office of the Directorate General of Programmes
Council of Europe Office in Kyiv
Under the authority of the Head of Office, and the supervision of the Head of the Economic Crime and Cooperation Division, Department of Information Society and Action against Crime, Directorate General Human Rights and Rule of Law (DGI) of the Council of Europe in Strasbourg, the incumbent will carry out multiple assignments to meet the overall and specific objectives for the implementation of the Council of Europe and European Union Eastern Partnership Programmatic Co-operation Framework for 2015-2017 (PCF) Project “Fight against Corruption” for Ukraine by supporting the reform processes aimed at enhancing good governance and strengthening the capacities of the public administration and criminal justice sector in order to effectively prevent and fight corruption in line with Council of Europe Conventions and other international treaties.
For this purpose, the Senior Project Officer will support and monitor the implementation of the set measures and activities in co-operation with relevant counterparts using the multi-stakeholder model, lead beneficiaries, and in compliance with the respective regulations of the Council of Europe and of the European Union.
Employment is limited to the duration of the Project which is expected to end on 31 December 2017.
* Local recruitment procedure organised in accordance with Rule No 1234 of 15 December 2005
The incumbent will perform the following tasks in accordance with the Council of Europe’s procedures, guidelines and priorities with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality:
- Plans, organises, co-ordinates, implements and follows up on project’s activities in accordance with the Project’s workplan and calendar of activities, in close co-ordination with the project team and in co-operation with local partners and stakeholders; reports problems encountered; suggests priorities and adjustments as necessary;
- Liaises with local stakeholders, project consultants as regards the implementation of project activities;
- Establishes and develops effective contacts with high-ranking officials, national stakeholders and experts as regards the implementation of the project activities;
- Informs regularly the Head of the Council of Europe Office about the implementation of the project and co-ordinates his/her work within the broader framework of the overall activities of the Council of Europe Office;
- Provides direction and guidance to the field-based project team;
- Advises and briefs on project-related issues;
- Drafts narrative and mission reports related to project activities;
- Ensures close budgetary follow-up of all project expenditures, in accordance with regulations, procedures and donor requirements;
- Contributes to raising the visibility of the project by drafting web news items and press releases, by disseminating information and by providing advice and input on publications, by managing the project website;
- Assists in the event of an evaluation or audit of the project;
- Informs the Secretariat in Strasbourg, in co-ordination with the Head of Office, in case of problems, and advises on actions that should be undertaken to overcome the problems encountered;
- Ensures quality and relevance of programmes for activities, secure local speakers, prepare documentation and oversee the preparation by local partners; reports any problems encountered; suggest priorities and adjustments as necessary;
- Selects local service providers and negotiate contracts in consultation with headquarters;
- Provides and drafts elements for reports on the project;
- Prepares relevant meetings and drafts meeting minutes and lists of decisions;
- Prepares mission reports related to programme activities;
- Undertakes official journeys in connection with the activities described above;
- Performs any other task related to the implementation of the project as requested;
- Contributes to the efficient functioning of the Office, in collaboration with the Head of Office, the Deputy Head of Office and the direct project management.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Location : Kyiv, Ukraine
Closing date: 31 May 2017