ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability is an association of 1,200 local governments in 68 countries that are dedicated to sustainable development. It has 15 offices servicing its members while developing innovative projects and events and is an international not-for-profit association and network perceived as the international representative of cities for sustainability. The European Secretariat is based in Freiburg, Germany.
The European Secretariat of ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability seeks to fill the position of an Officer within its Governance and Social Innovation team.
The Governance and Social Innovation team develops, coordinates and implements projects and services focused on societal and governance aspects of sustainable development in European cities. Its team members support local governments in developing innovative, integrated and participatory management and planning systems. They further explore issues such as demographic change, social inclusion and new forms of self-organisation in civil society. Activities range from the involvement in global advocacy and European projects to services for national and regional governments and individual cities.
• Initially limited contract duration 12 months (extension intended) from date of start (1 April 2014 or earlier);
• Corridor contract variable between 80-100% of a full-time position with a gross salary according to Officer Position in ICLEI’s salary grid (indicative: 34.800 € – 38.400 € per annum for 100%). Foreseen to start at 100% of full-time position;
• Place of work: ICLEI European Secretariat, Freiburg, Germany;
• Workings hours: 40 h/week, six weeks of paid leave per annum;
• Working language: English;
• Readiness for frequent travel;
• Applicants must – due to legal reasons – hold EU citizenship or valid EU residence permit and a valid German work permit. Applications not meeting these conditions can unfortunately not be considered.
Deadline for application: 31 January 2014