ODI aims to inspire and inform policy and practice to reduce poverty by locking together high-quality applied research and practical policy advice.
This is an exciting opportunity to join ODI’s Centre for Aid and Public Expenditure (CAPE) and to contribute to a major new programme on the future of development agencies. CAPE is a multidisciplinary research and advisory programme focusing on development agency strategy and reform, international financing for development, public financial management, and public sector reform in developing countries.
ODI is looking for a Research Fellow with world-class knowledge and expertise to be responsible for development and delivery of a portfolio of policy advice, research and public affairs on the theme of development agencies. The role will contribute to this strategic focus area by facilitating, informing and supporting debate and policy action by development agencies – both old and new – to ensure they respond to the changing global development agenda and are relevant and effective. The work will include providing advice directly to agencies as they are established or attempt to reform.
You will have:
- Strong experience in policy-oriented research, as evidenced by a track record of publications and reports, demonstrating the potential to become an internationally recognised expert on the strategy, policies and performance of development agencies.
- Experience of working in or with bilateral or multilateral development agencies, including specialist knowledge of key policy issues in development cooperation.
- Experience of managing research and advisory projects successfully to time and budget.
- Exceptional analytical, writing, organisational and presentation skills.
- Well-established network of policy-makers, parliamentarians, consultants, academic institutions and other stakeholders working on development cooperation issues.
- Excellent communication abilities in relation to a wide variety of audiences.
- Proven skills in negotiation, listening, problem-solving and decision-making.
- Proficiency in widely used software packages and excellent IT skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work as part of a team.
Location: London, UK
Application deadline: 2 July 2015