Job Title: News Editor
Salary: Up to £38,000 per annum
Location: London (Piccadilly Circus), United Kingdom
Type Of Employment: Full-time
Insurance Post, the insurance B2B brand, is looking for a News Editor to manage and motivate a team of journalists to deliver exclusive and in-depth “must read” content ahead of our competition!
Post is the leading brand for the UK insurance sector and publishes a magazine as well as hosting a breaking news website, and a live app. Working in a fast-paced environment with a constantly moving sector we are looking for a news editor with the drive, ambition and hunger to make a real difference in what is one of Infopro Digital’s flagship UK brands.
We need someone who can monitor the effectiveness of news and analysis content and drive a continued increase in the print and online readership of the brand. This is an opportunity for someone who can hit the ground running; will relish the challenge of running a team; and who will get out into the industry to promote the Post brand and build contacts.
- Be responsible for the news and in-depth analysis and deliver the editorial strategy as laid out by the Editor.
- Assign and edit news content – making sure accuracy, house style and quality of journalism is maintained.
- Encourage the team to conduct video interviews to complement news and analysis. Maximise the effectiveness of this video content.
- Help source exclusive news stories and helping the journalists bring these to fruition.
- Develop a team of journalists to help them achieve their targets
- Chair roundtables, video debates and conferences as directed by the Editor.
- A track record of writing exclusive news and analysis – and have worked in a weekly or daily news environment
- Financial journalism experience is ideal but not essential
- Experience managing a news desk, possibly in a deputy role
- Committed to thinking ahead of the competition
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career tailoring your development through management support, internal and external training courses, and on the job training. Based in a fantastic location at the heart of London’s West End, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
In addition to a competitive salary we offer the following benefits:
|· 25 days annual leave (rising up to 30 days)
· Group personal pension plan
· Life assurance
· Interest free season ticket loan (STL)
· Childcare vouchers
· Private medical insurance
· Income protection
· Employee assistance programme
· Bonusly employee recognition
· Employee discount scheme
· Onsite monthly chair massage
· Eye-care Vouchers
· Vodafone employee advantage scheme
· Discounted gym membership
· Flexible working
|· Additional life assurance
· Bike to work
· Buying holiday
· Cancer screenings
· Critical illness (+ partner)
· Dental insurance
· Give as you earn
· Add partner to gym membership
· Health cash plan
· Health screening
· Personal accident insurance
· Personal travel insurance
· Will writing
Infopro Digital also runs The Foundation which supports a number of charities. Staff can volunteer to contribute their skills and expertise to make a meaningful difference to the lives of others.
Click on ‘I’m Interested’ to start your journey.
If this isn’t the right job for you then perhaps you have a friend who might be suitable? Click on ‘Refer a friend’ to recommend someone.
We look forward to welcoming you on board!