Harness the power of photography and share your stunning travel experiences from around the globe with us. Official categories include: Travel Portraits; Outdoor Scenes; Sense of Place; and Spontaneous Moments.
The Categories for entries are: (1) Travel Portraits; (2) Outdoor Scenes; (3) Sense of Place; and (4) Spontaneous Moments (the “Categories”). There is no limit on the number of entries per person. Each entry must comply with the following requirements (the “Photograph Requirements”):
• Photographs must be in digital format. Only online entries will be eligible. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this Contest. The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; scans of negatives, transparencies or photographic prints are acceptable. All digital files must be 20 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG or .jpg format, and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
• Photographs must have been taken within two (2) years before the date of entry and may not previously have won an award in the National Geographic International Photography Contest, the National Geographic Photography Contest or any National Geographic Traveler photo contest.
• Only minor burning, dodging and/or color correction is acceptable, as is cropping. High dynamic range images (HDR) and stitched panoramas are NOT acceptable. Any changes to the original Photograph not itemized here are unacceptable and will render the Photograph ineligible for a prize.
• Photographs that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud; provided that entrants must be prepared to provide a release form as described below in “Release”. When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close up of another person’s art.
• The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.
• The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
• The caption must be complete and accurate, sufficient to convey the circumstances in which the photograph was taken. Disguising or misrepresenting the origin of your content is cause for disqualification.
• Watermarks are not acceptable. If Sponsor does not receive a non-watermarked version of the entry within ten (10) days following its request, the entry will be disqualified.
Official grand prizes include:
• 1st Prize: An 8-day National Geographic Expedition to Alaska for two
• 2nd Prize: A 5-day National Geographic Photo Workshop for one in Santa Fe, New Mexico
• 3rd Prize: A 6-day cruise for two on a Maine windjammer schooner
7 merit prize winners, will receive:
• A $200 gift certificate to B&H Photo
• A framed print of merit photo, matted and framed by the National Geographic Imaging Lab
• The Art of Travel Photography Course on DVD
All entries must be submitted and received by June 30, 2014 at 12:00:00 p.m. EDT.