Type of contract: Fixed-term contract until 31 December 2019, which may be extended subject to individual performance and organisational needs
Who can apply: EU nationals
Working time: Full-time
Place of work: Frankfurt, Germany
Closing date for applications: Thursday, 31 January 2019
You will be part of the Legislation Division in the Directorate General Legal Services. We are responsible for preparing the ECB’s legal acts in the official EU languages, drafting legal documents and ensuring their legal, linguistic and terminological consistency, and publishing and disseminating the ECB’s legal framework and other legal publications.
In your role as Lawyer-Linguist with Hungarian as your main language, you will be primarily responsible for translating ECB legal acts and other legal texts from English into Hungarian and for revising translations of such texts provided by external suppliers. The documents relate to both central banking and banking supervision. You will work closely with other lawyer-linguists and lawyers in the Directorate General Legal Services, as well as staff from a variety of other ECB business areas. You may also be asked to contribute to the legal knowledge management function in the Directorate General Legal Services.
We are willing to discuss part-time arrangements and the possibility of working remotely.
As a Lawyer-Linguist you will:
- translate draft ECB legal acts and other legal documents from English into Hungarian;
- translate documents related to court proceedings from English into Hungarian;
- revise Hungarian translations of ECB legal acts and other legal documents;
- translate legal texts from Hungarian into English for internal working purposes, and revise translations from Hungarian into English of national laws, documents related to court proceedings and other legal documents;
- contribute to the drafting of ECB legal acts;
- contribute to the coordination of the work of the team of lawyer-linguists on multilingual translation projects;
- liaise with counterparts at the ECB, Magyar Nemzeti Bank and other relevant European and national institutions;
- cooperate with freelance lawyer-linguists, which involves establishing and maintaining contacts, training and information-sharing;
- contribute, as required, to the legal knowledge management function in the Directorate General Legal Services and to the general legal work of the ECB.
The position offers you excellent opportunities to contribute to the quality of ECB legal acts. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Read more and apply on the European Central Bank website.