The European Policy Centre is seeking a Junior Policy Analyst / Policy Analyst to work on its Europe’s Political Economy (EPE) programme.
The successful candidate should have a solid academic background, interest in health and employment or social policies, a good understanding of EU institutions and policies, as well as experience in organising events. The candidate should have the following profile:
- University degree and post-graduate or equivalent, for example, in health and/or social policies, EU studies, EU law, and/or political economy
- At least three years of relevant work experience (other than internships), including in organising events and in policy analysis
- A good understanding of Europe’s health challenges and relevant EU policy instruments, with an interest in wider social policy and economic governance
- Ability to research, write and present high quality policy analysis
- Strong interest in European affairs and commitment to European integration
- Excellent communication and social skills (oral and written)
- Ability to engage and network with experts and interested stakeholders
- Ability to work both independently and in a multi-disciplinary team
- Dynamic, flexible, reliable and attentive to detail
- Fluent in English
- Implementation of the EPC’s health activities and support for employment and/or social policy activities.
- Research and writing policy analyses
- Organising events (drafting event proposals, invitations and programmes, contacting speakers, assisting during the events)
- Liaising with external experts and interested stakeholders, as well as building and maintaining a network
- Supporting fundraising activities for the programme
Possible additional responsibilities:
- Representing the EPC at external events
- Engaging with media
Start date: by autumn 2016
Terms and conditions: Negotiable. This position is for a free-lancer.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send by e-mail a motivation letter together with a CV to Ms Maral Bedrossian, firstname.lastname@example.org – Please mention EPE-Health
Deadline for applications: 3 June 2016