The Journey Program is an annually organized intensive summer course, which offers participants unique experience through interactive seminars conducted by professional journalists, editors and media personalities from world’s most renowned news outlets and agencies. Organized by The Bakala Foundation, Journey aims to bring together promising students of journalism and media from around the world and give them the opportunity to learn from top professionals from the field and to create a unique, inspiring experience. Participants undergo series of workshops on current trends and tools used in reporting, data collection and analysis, investigative journalism and many more aspects of modern media work as well as a number of exercises, in real newsroom conditions.
The course will be taking place
August 8th – August 18th, 2015 in Prague, Czech Republic
The successful candidates will receive full scholarship covering: travel cost, visa related expense, room and board and study materials related expenses.
The JOURNEY Program is organized by the Bakala Foundation in cooperation with ProPublica and Embassy of the United States to the Czech Republic.
Eligibility Criteria – The candidates must satisfy the following requirements:
- Current university students of media, journalism and related fields
- Must have successfully completed minimum of two academic semesters
- Excellent academic standing
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Citizenship of one of the following countries: Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Ukraine,
United States of America
- Passport valid until September 2016 and ability to travel to the Czech Republic
Completed application including Letter of Recommendation is due by April 30, 2015.