The Association of Cities and Regions for Recycling and sustainable Resource management (ACR+) is an international network of nearly 100 members with the aim of promoting the sustainable consumption of resources and the management of municipal waste through prevention at source, reuse, recycling and, as a last priority, energy recovery.
ACR+ membership mainly consists of local and regional public authorities as well as national networks of local authorities representing more than 1100 municipalities around Europe (EU-28 + candidate countries) and neighbourhood policy countries.
ACR+ is offering an internship position as Communication Assistant. The successful candidates will be part of the ACR+ Secretariat team in Brussels.
The internship will involve a range of activities that focus on support communication tasks and information technologies for ACR+ activities, including services to members, dissemination of European projects and promotion of the association.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Elaborating and sending newsletters on a weekly basis
- Drafting, designing and sending mass mailings
- Drafting press releases and other external communication
- Managing social media account (Twitter)
Additional tasks include:
- Web content management (updating ACR+ and project websites)
- Translation tasks
- Proofreading tasks
- Database management
- Elaborating and disseminating communication tools
- Assisting in event organisation
- General support in various administrative /office tasks
Education and experience
- Degree in Communication, Public Relations or Marketing is preferred
- Other degrees (EU law, economics or politics; environmental topics) and a basic knowledge/interest in communication
- Relevant experience in communication welcome
- Perfectly fluent in English (native speaker or equivalent), good command of French, any other language an asset
- Obligatory: Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Asset: Basic knowledge in graphic design and web management
- Excellent drafting skills
- High interest in ACR+ themes and activities
- Good knowledge of social media
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Organised working style, detail-oriented, pro-active attitude
- Ability to work in a team as well as autonomously
This is an unpaid internship and a full-time position starting on 1 st October 2015. The duration will be six months. A limited reimbursement of costs will be provided (300€ + public transport ticket within Brussels).
Application deadline: 31th August 2015