This is an excellent opportunity to join the Risk, Policy & Reporting team on a 6 month internship.
As Intern for Data Management and Reporting (DMR) you will support the team by taking care of the daily activities, working on systems and processes to maintain accurate data in a timely manner, gather and monitor information, and prepare standard reports for further consideration and review. The intern is also responsible for updating the procedures, as per Business requirements
Data Management and Reporting (DMR) is a team within Risk Policy & Reporting, which itself is part of Risk Management. The Team’s primary function is aimed at managing Risk data and selected IT systems in order to support Risk and other stakeholders throughout the Bank.
DMR achieves this through implementation and management of effective and innovative processes and procedures to govern quality data, analysis on the Banking and Treasury portfolios and effective reporting solutions developed to support business needs. DMR is responsible for dealing with compliance at various levels. DMR, in addition plays a fundamental role in preparation of reports for Management, Internal Committees, External Agencies and the Board.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Maintain accurate risk data records using various information sources, including Operations Committee documentation and third party research.
- Undertake the Month End reconciliation process, discrepancy analysis and investigation of data involving close liaison with risk management and other departments to ensure data integrity.
- Produce & distribute risk management reports in order to ensure that managers have the relevant information needed.
- Ensure procedural documentation is kept up-to-date and any changes are communicated to the Team.
- Maintain counterparty limits in the Trade Finance System based on correct documentation.
- User administration and support of various systems related to the Credit Monitoring Process.
- Report any data anomalies and system-generated alerts to colleagues.
- Develop a practical understanding of the data items, structures and processes within the core systems used by Risk (DTM, SAP, AFL, Summit) and how they link to other systems within the Bank.
Location: London, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 15 August 2014