The Commission’s Directorate-General for International Cooperation and Development (DG DEVCO) is responsible for designing European international cooperation and development policy and delivering aid throughout the world.
DG DEVCO is looking for an International Aid / Cooperation officer.
1) Information and communication
• Contribute to the development and implementation of external and internal information and communication strategies to inform the public and the media about the EU relations with
ACP countries and the AU.
• Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the communication plan for the Post
Cotonou negotiations and the Joint Africa-EU strategy in support of unit D4.
• Act as contact point on communication for operational units and sections in EU delegations
to ACP countries and provide them with expertise, help and resources in information and
communication on Post Cotonou negotiation. Act as contact point on communication for Unit 02 and notably participate in internal and external networks of information correspondents.
• Contribute to the development of internal communication and the sharing of knowledge
within the Directorate General and with other Commission services.
• Assist in external communication activities with press officers in the EU Delegations in ACP
countries on issues related to the negotiations on Post Cotonou. Help delegations to
promote the EU visibility in the framework of the outreach activities. Encourage the
organisation of local events.
2) Information and publication on AU and ACP partnership
• Write and edit content of printed publications (e.g. reports, brochures, flyers, newsletter,
case studies) and assist in the production process, including design approval, printing
procedures and distribution. Provide support on publications produced within the Directorate
in line with the house style guide.
• Support the creation and update of web pages of the Post Cotonou negotiations, in support
of web correspondents of the DG.
• Participate in press/media actions for the Directorate in collaboration with unit 02 and the
spokesperson service, including the publication of press releases.
• Identify topics for and produce press releases, background papers, press packs and
briefings as well as other materials for media-relations with relevant units and provide for
their dissemination in co-ordination with the spokespersons and DG services.
3) Data gathering and analysis
• Compile, synthesise and collate comments and contributions from various comprehensive
analysis reports and administrative notes as well as contribution to the Annual Report and
the Annual Activity Report.
• Analyse and assess relevant data required for specific inquiries, verifications and controls
• Ensure and supervise the follow-up and respect of deadlines of Parliamentary Questions
and official briefing requests from Cabinets, EEAS and the President’s Cabinets.
• Respond to requests for information from external stakeholders such as MEPs, NGOs and
• Respond – often at short notice – to media inquiries and other information requests in
collaboration with the spokesperson and DG services.
4) Internal reporting
• Back-up of colleagues in the sector during their absence.
• Support to colleagues in the unit faced with excessive workload