Reference Number: 170978
Department:Southeast Asia Department
Division:Indonesia Resident Mission
Location:Indonesia Resident Mission
Date Posted: Friday, December 1, 2017
Closing Date: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC: “Fourth Industry Revolution and Indonesia.”
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Provide research assistant support on ADB’s study on the impact of disruptive technologies on Indonesia. This will include: literature review, research capacity building, data compilation and analysis, and any other task as required.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 26 weeks
- Timing: June 2018
ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB-Indonesia Resident Mission, Jakarta
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
- Conduct a systematic review of literature on disruptive technologies and economic development, and present the findings in an accessible report for policy oriented audience.
- Compile Indonesia’s trade data and examine the impact of disruptive technologies on Indonesia’s global value chain.
- Provide support in organizing research workshops and presentations.
- Help review and edit analysis and reports produced by consultants.
- Draft short policy briefs and presentations on the research topic, as required.
- Using available digital tools, set up an efficient system for the management of the research work (data, analysis, literature, consultants, etc).
- Provide administrative support on the research project, which include drafting terms of reference, consultant recruitment, progress update reports, etc.
- Undertake any other task to support the research project as required and assigned.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Be enrolled in a Master or PhD level in economics, engineering, finance or related field at a school in one of the ADB member countries, both prior to and after the internship assignment.
- Have knowledge of and interest in industry 4.0/disruptive technologies.
- Be engaged in academic study in a field directly related to ADB’s work.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Have relevant professional and/or research experience
- Knowledge of natural resources management and social development issues
- Excellent research writing and communication skills in English
- Ability to interact with ADB staff/others to deliver expected results
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).