Human Rights Education (HRE) Instructional Designer
Amnesty International’s Human Rights Education programme is looking for an experienced instructional designer to design and develop diverse online learning experiences on human rights.
One year temporary fixed term contract
35 hours a week/37.5 hours a week incl. lunch break
French, Spanish (Preferred)
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will design and develop engaging, effective and scalable online human rights education packages for a global audience.
Using existing human rights content, you will design online learning experiences that are suitable to disseminate through various platforms including social media.
You will gather information, feedback and analyse data to inform best practices and approaches for scaling up, design and development of creative and cutting edge learner centred online experiences.
You will provide support to Amnesty national and regional offices to develop context specific online learning experiences on human rights.
- Education and experience as an instructional designer
- Knowledge and documented ability in practising pedagogy, participatory approaches, adult learning models and online community management.
- Experience in learner centred instructional design, and a documented ability in developing engaging action oriented online learning experiences on human rights or related topics for different audiences and with different platforms.
- Experience in course creation on at least one of the learning management systems – Docebo, Futurelearn, EdX.
- Experience in creating online exercises, assessments and other assets
- Understanding of accessibility standards, usability, and scalability on learning management systems.
- Capability both to work on your own initiative and as a member of a large and diverse team, often under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Right to work in Norway
- Knowledge of learning management systems apart from the ones mentioned above is an additional asset.
- Working knowledge of either French or Spanish.
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 7 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world and have:
- more than 2 million members and supporters who drive forward our fight for rights
- more than 5 million activists who strengthen our calls for justice
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
Please send in your application to email@example.com by 5th January 2018 18:00 UTC with your CV and a cover letter stating why you would like to apply for this position.
Amnesty International is committed to creating and sustaining a working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential and we welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.